Thursday 13 April 2017

My radiotherapy lasted 5 weeks and I was in everyday Monday-Friday. For the first week or so the appointment takes around an hour as an additional scan needs to be done each time to ensure you're in the right position for the machine, as you get used to the routine and radiographers the process becomes quicker and less scans need to be done prior to treatment as you begin to naturally lay in the perfect position, the appointments then last around 30 minutes. A mask is also created which can be seen on the table in my last pic, that is what I had to wear every day of my radiotherapy to ensure my leg was in the correct position each time. Something else to mention is I had to have 4 tattoo dots done on my leg to help mark how I should be positioned prior to my radiotherapy commencing, I'm not a big fan of needles but it was alright it's literally just a quick prick in several areas.

This is the bell I rang when I had finished my radiotherapy, its a really nice part of the hospital and always really warming when you hear someone ring the bell.

No comments:

Post a Comment