Thursday 13 April 2017

Zoomed in from the last picture, this is the cast I had to wear every day of my radiotherapy, I'll explain a little bit more about this now.
Before my radiotherapy began I had an appointment to get this cast fitted to the lower half of my leg and foot, my leg was positioned at an angle to ensure the inner part of my knee was as exposed as it could be as this was mostly the location of my tumour. The white section of the cast is just a plastic mesh sheet which is hard and flat to begin with then when heated in warm water or with a heat gun it becomes flexible and bends around the shape it is placed on. This can be done on various areas of the body, even face/head. It was then fixed with plastic bolts to the clear acrylic underneath it. This experience was again painless and actually quite relaxing in a strange way, nothing to be afraid of.

No comments:

Post a Comment