Thursday 13 April 2017

Welcome

Hi!

My name is Jessica, I am 19 years old and a survivor of synovial sarcoma.

I have created this blog to try and help people who may be newly diagnosed see what the treatment process looks like, my treatment plan was only radiotherapy and surgery however so I cannot comment on the effects of chemotherapy as I did not personally experience this form of treatment.
When I was diagnosed in October 2016 I couldn't find many resources on synovial sarcoma mainly because it is so rare nor could I find anyone who had openly talked about their experience, in much detail anyways. Anything I did read seemed quite scary as it was mainly accounts of people who had needed amputations, I myself was very close to this also however, it's not something you want to be reading when you're already terrified at the idea of cancer and all it entails. Instead I was seeking to see details of surgery, what the scarring would look like, how it felt afterwards, rehabilitation, etc. So this is what I am going to put across to you all now I have experienced it and am in the process of recovery.

Edit: Also feel free to comment on any of my posts and I will reply back to you if you have any additional questions, I will do my best to answer based on what knowledge I have!

No comments:

Post a Comment