Thursday 13 April 2017

This is the cast I had to wear for 7 weeks after my surgery, this was to ensure everything healed correctly as a lot of the tendons and ligaments etc needed to be cut and reattached, my bone also had to be shaved so it was a very difficult surgery and needed lengthy recovery. I was given crutches when I left hospital however only used them for around 3 days and then just hobbled about my flat until I got into the hang of walking straight again, it was difficult and restrictive to keep the cast on and many times I wanted to take it off and did! - which I do not recommend as I suffered from it. I felt like I could walk fine so decided to take the cast off myself and was fine until half way through the day I was limping terribly, very sore and in lots of pain so it is definitely wisest to listen to your doctor and not think you're superman/woman!

No comments:

Post a Comment