Thursday 13 April 2017

Not the most beautiful picture ever but my leg is heavily swollen in this picture, can barely tell where my knee is! But this is how everything looked after surgery, not a huge incision, probably about 6-7 inches my estimate, as you can see my leg was very swollen and its so pink because of the antiseptic dye put on prior to surgery so yep looks attractive. This was when I was getting my cast changed which I will show in the next post. The date of my surgery was 7/2/2017 and this is the morning after. My surgery lasted around 4 hours, was scary at the time as no further clear margins could be taken without amputating it but I am happy to say that I am cured now so it was a successful surgery and I don't want anyone to worry reading this. I was in hospital for 4 days and it was very painful to weight-bare on this leg, it was almost like a burning sensation but after about the second day this got better, using the crutches was also very hard at first and walking took a lot of thinking to make sure I was using my leg right but this was all normal and eased after a couple of days and I was getting about fine upon being discharged.

No comments:

Post a Comment